So we did it again, there’s another METRONOMY TEA TOWEL in the works.
The English Riviera one was just so well received, we had to go and do it again.
Buy the forthcoming ‘Small World’ album from Drift Record Shop – click here – and you’ll get a special tea towel and a comic, both with art from me, for free!
(You can get the comic bundled with the album from any indie record shop in the UK, but the tea towel is a Drift exclusive!)
Again, this was just a massive laugh from start to finish.
Here’s a lil’ preview of the art for the tea towel.
We went for the full chintz on this one. Truth be told, it’s based a lil’ bit on a genuine vintage tea towel, banging on about how The Isle of Wight has eight wonders, more than the rest of the entire world put together. Eeesh.
The choices of places are from all over the world are are Joe Metronomy’s top location picks, spread out all over the globe. They are;
- Garden Bowl bowling alley, Detroit, USA
- Zona Arqueológica de Cholula ancient pyramid complex, Puebla, Mexico
- Nice ‘n’ Sleazy indie night club, Glasgow, Scotland
- Broadmarsh Banks skate park, Nottingham, UK
- The Montmartrobus route, Monmartre, Paris, France
- The Thai Oase karaoke bar, Lindau, Hamburg, Germany
- Coin Laundromat, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
- Bunbury Beach, Bunbury, Western Australia
It’s really nice that Nottingham and Glasgow got a look-in too.
(Thanks to Because Music!)
Here’s Joe Metronomy modelling a mock-up of the tea towel with customary high style in a charity shop. That guy!